Parrikar says ready to quit if nepotism allegations proved
Panaji: Seeking to deflate allegations of nepotism levelled against him by Opposition Congress in allotment of industrial plot to his son, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar today offered to resign if any wrongdoing involving him is proved.
"If I have done any loss to the state government using my position, then show it....I will resign and sit at home", Parrikar told the Legislative Assembly.
He was responding to allegations levelled by some Congress leaders that he favoured his son in allotting an industrial plot at Tuem Industrial Estate to set up a factory.
"Let me make a statement on the floor of the House. There is no plot allotted to my son in Tuem industrial estate", he said.
Parrikar said that in fact no plot was allotted in the industrial estate because of absence of necessary infrastructure like water, electricity, roads and pending NOC from Town Planning department.
"What my son received is `offer of appointment` after going through proper procedure", Parrikar said.
He claimed rather it was the first occasion that plots were being allotted by following proper regulations.
"Show me how I can reject the plot to my son if he is eligible for it", the Chief Minister said facing the Opposition benches.
Parrikar also clarified that he was not part of the process to sanction industrial plots at Tuem industrial estate.
"If such baseless allegations continue to be levelled, then my son is capable of taking that person to the court", he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan