Parrikar says ready to quit if nepotism allegations proved
Panaji: Seeking to deflate allegations of nepotism levelled against him by Opposition Congress in allotment of industrial plot to his son, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar today offered to resign if any wrongdoing involving him is proved.
"If I have done any loss to the state government using my position, then show it....I will resign and sit at home", Parrikar told the Legislative Assembly.
He was responding to allegations levelled by some Congress leaders that he favoured his son in allotting an industrial plot at Tuem Industrial Estate to set up a factory.
"Let me make a statement on the floor of the House. There is no plot allotted to my son in Tuem industrial estate", he said.
Parrikar said that in fact no plot was allotted in the industrial estate because of absence of necessary infrastructure like water, electricity, roads and pending NOC from Town Planning department.
"What my son received is `offer of appointment` after going through proper procedure", Parrikar said.
He claimed rather it was the first occasion that plots were being allotted by following proper regulations.
"Show me how I can reject the plot to my son if he is eligible for it", the Chief Minister said facing the Opposition benches.
Parrikar also clarified that he was not part of the process to sanction industrial plots at Tuem industrial estate.
"If such baseless allegations continue to be levelled, then my son is capable of taking that person to the court", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in