Parrikar says ready to quit if nepotism allegations proved
Panaji: Seeking to deflate allegations of nepotism levelled against him by Opposition Congress in allotment of industrial plot to his son, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar today offered to resign if any wrongdoing involving him is proved.
"If I have done any loss to the state government using my position, then show it....I will resign and sit at home", Parrikar told the Legislative Assembly.
He was responding to allegations levelled by some Congress leaders that he favoured his son in allotting an industrial plot at Tuem Industrial Estate to set up a factory.
"Let me make a statement on the floor of the House. There is no plot allotted to my son in Tuem industrial estate", he said.
Parrikar said that in fact no plot was allotted in the industrial estate because of absence of necessary infrastructure like water, electricity, roads and pending NOC from Town Planning department.
"What my son received is `offer of appointment` after going through proper procedure", Parrikar said.
He claimed rather it was the first occasion that plots were being allotted by following proper regulations.
"Show me how I can reject the plot to my son if he is eligible for it", the Chief Minister said facing the Opposition benches.
Parrikar also clarified that he was not part of the process to sanction industrial plots at Tuem industrial estate.
"If such baseless allegations continue to be levelled, then my son is capable of taking that person to the court", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list