Parrikar says ready to quit if nepotism allegations proved
Panaji: Seeking to deflate allegations of nepotism levelled against him by Opposition Congress in allotment of industrial plot to his son, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar today offered to resign if any wrongdoing involving him is proved.
"If I have done any loss to the state government using my position, then show it....I will resign and sit at home", Parrikar told the Legislative Assembly.
He was responding to allegations levelled by some Congress leaders that he favoured his son in allotting an industrial plot at Tuem Industrial Estate to set up a factory.
"Let me make a statement on the floor of the House. There is no plot allotted to my son in Tuem industrial estate", he said.
Parrikar said that in fact no plot was allotted in the industrial estate because of absence of necessary infrastructure like water, electricity, roads and pending NOC from Town Planning department.
"What my son received is `offer of appointment` after going through proper procedure", Parrikar said.
He claimed rather it was the first occasion that plots were being allotted by following proper regulations.
"Show me how I can reject the plot to my son if he is eligible for it", the Chief Minister said facing the Opposition benches.
Parrikar also clarified that he was not part of the process to sanction industrial plots at Tuem industrial estate.
"If such baseless allegations continue to be levelled, then my son is capable of taking that person to the court", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day