Parrikar talks tough on Sri Ram Sene sympathisers
Panaji: Breaking his silence on possible entry of Sri Ram Sene in Goa, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday said his government would take stern action against those who invite Pramod Muthalik, the chief of the right wing group, to the state.
"I have kept a watch...I wanted to know who has invited Pramod Muthalik to Goa. Let me come to know and I will take action against them...They will be arrested," Parrikar told the Legislative Assembly.
He was responding to the allegation raised by Independent MLA Vijay Sardesai that the chief minister was not forthcoming on dispelling people`s apprehensions about the possible entry of the right wing group in Goa.
About his silence, the chief minister said he did so as he wanted to know who had invited Muthalik to the state.
Muthalik during his recent visit to the coastal state had said that he was keen on opening a branch of the right wing group in Goa.
Sri Ram Sene hit the media headlines in 2009 when its activists attacked a group of women in a pub in Mangalore, Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’