Parrikar talks tough on Sri Ram Sene sympathisers
Panaji: Breaking his silence on possible entry of Sri Ram Sene in Goa, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday said his government would take stern action against those who invite Pramod Muthalik, the chief of the right wing group, to the state.
"I have kept a watch...I wanted to know who has invited Pramod Muthalik to Goa. Let me come to know and I will take action against them...They will be arrested," Parrikar told the Legislative Assembly.
He was responding to the allegation raised by Independent MLA Vijay Sardesai that the chief minister was not forthcoming on dispelling people`s apprehensions about the possible entry of the right wing group in Goa.
About his silence, the chief minister said he did so as he wanted to know who had invited Muthalik to the state.
Muthalik during his recent visit to the coastal state had said that he was keen on opening a branch of the right wing group in Goa.
Sri Ram Sene hit the media headlines in 2009 when its activists attacked a group of women in a pub in Mangalore, Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?