Parrikar talks tough on Sri Ram Sene sympathisers
Panaji: Breaking his silence on possible entry of Sri Ram Sene in Goa, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday said his government would take stern action against those who invite Pramod Muthalik, the chief of the right wing group, to the state.
"I have kept a watch...I wanted to know who has invited Pramod Muthalik to Goa. Let me come to know and I will take action against them...They will be arrested," Parrikar told the Legislative Assembly.
He was responding to the allegation raised by Independent MLA Vijay Sardesai that the chief minister was not forthcoming on dispelling people`s apprehensions about the possible entry of the right wing group in Goa.
About his silence, the chief minister said he did so as he wanted to know who had invited Muthalik to the state.
Muthalik during his recent visit to the coastal state had said that he was keen on opening a branch of the right wing group in Goa.
Sri Ram Sene hit the media headlines in 2009 when its activists attacked a group of women in a pub in Mangalore, Karnataka.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know