Parrikar to retain BJP ministers of last time
Panaji: BJP`s Chief Minister-designate in
Goa, Manohar Parrikar on Thursday said that all the BJP ministers
from his 2005 cabinet would find place in the new
dispensation, and the budget would be presented around March
"There are five ministers who were in my old cabinet.
They will be sworn-in again," Parrikar said, adding that the
complete composition of the ministry would be decided later
The BJP leader will take oath of office tomorrow evening
at Sports Authority of Goa ground in Campal here.
Party sources said that alongwith Parrikar, five
ministers from BJP and two from ally Maharashtrawadi Gomantak
Party (MGP) would take oath tomorrow.
Parrikar said that soon after the swearing-in, there
will be a cabinet meeting which will list out the priorities.
"I will hand over the list of priorities to the Chief
Secretary after the cabinet meeting," he said.
BJP-MGP alliance will start implementing the manifesto
immediately but it would take little time to deliver, he said.
"People also know that it takes time to deliver. First of
all, whatever mess that has been created by Digambar Kamat-led
government would be reviewed."
He also said that `putting in place the state administration`
was top on his agenda.
In the 2012 election, corruption, unemployment and price
rise were the issues on which people voted, he said.
- Why would I hug Arvind Kejriwal forcibly, is he a 'heroine'? asks Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Rahul Gandhi says 'happy to be targeted' as AgustaWestland deal continues to haunt Congress
- GOING VIRAL: Have you seen this 'love story' ad on PM Narendra Modi's ambitious 'Swachh Bharat' campaign? WATCH
- Transit of Mercury, May 9, 2016: Where, when and how to watch in India!
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now