Pay Rs 5 to attend Narendra Modi rally in Goa
Panaji: People will have pay Rs 5 per head to get a glimpse of the BJP`s prime minister hopeful Narendra Modi at a public meeting here Jan 12.
Sources in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) said the proceeds of the "entry fee" would be donated towards the Uttarakhand relief fund as has been the practice with several of Modi`s previous public meetings.
The Gujarat chief minister embarked on a whirlwind of nationwide tour after his nomination as the prime ministerial candidate of the BJP.
"We are expecting a crowd of at least 1.5 lakh for the rally," said Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, who is also known to be a close supporter of Modi.
A BJP official said the process of printing and sale of tickets would begin in January.
The BJP put an entry fee to attend a Modi rally for the first time at a public meeting in Hyderabad some months back, which saw an attendance of over one lakh people.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'