Pay Rs 5 to attend Narendra Modi rally in Goa
Panaji: People will have pay Rs 5 per head to get a glimpse of the BJP`s prime minister hopeful Narendra Modi at a public meeting here Jan 12.
Sources in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) said the proceeds of the "entry fee" would be donated towards the Uttarakhand relief fund as has been the practice with several of Modi`s previous public meetings.
The Gujarat chief minister embarked on a whirlwind of nationwide tour after his nomination as the prime ministerial candidate of the BJP.
"We are expecting a crowd of at least 1.5 lakh for the rally," said Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, who is also known to be a close supporter of Modi.
A BJP official said the process of printing and sale of tickets would begin in January.
The BJP put an entry fee to attend a Modi rally for the first time at a public meeting in Hyderabad some months back, which saw an attendance of over one lakh people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!