Pay Rs 5 to attend Narendra Modi rally in Goa
Panaji: People will have pay Rs 5 per head to get a glimpse of the BJP`s prime minister hopeful Narendra Modi at a public meeting here Jan 12.
Sources in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) said the proceeds of the "entry fee" would be donated towards the Uttarakhand relief fund as has been the practice with several of Modi`s previous public meetings.
The Gujarat chief minister embarked on a whirlwind of nationwide tour after his nomination as the prime ministerial candidate of the BJP.
"We are expecting a crowd of at least 1.5 lakh for the rally," said Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, who is also known to be a close supporter of Modi.
A BJP official said the process of printing and sale of tickets would begin in January.
The BJP put an entry fee to attend a Modi rally for the first time at a public meeting in Hyderabad some months back, which saw an attendance of over one lakh people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional