Pay Rs 5 to attend Narendra Modi rally in Goa
Panaji: People will have pay Rs 5 per head to get a glimpse of the BJP`s prime minister hopeful Narendra Modi at a public meeting here Jan 12.
Sources in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) said the proceeds of the "entry fee" would be donated towards the Uttarakhand relief fund as has been the practice with several of Modi`s previous public meetings.
The Gujarat chief minister embarked on a whirlwind of nationwide tour after his nomination as the prime ministerial candidate of the BJP.
"We are expecting a crowd of at least 1.5 lakh for the rally," said Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, who is also known to be a close supporter of Modi.
A BJP official said the process of printing and sale of tickets would begin in January.
The BJP put an entry fee to attend a Modi rally for the first time at a public meeting in Hyderabad some months back, which saw an attendance of over one lakh people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley