Pay Rs 5 to attend Narendra Modi rally in Goa
Panaji: People will have pay Rs 5 per head to get a glimpse of the BJP`s prime minister hopeful Narendra Modi at a public meeting here Jan 12.
Sources in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) said the proceeds of the "entry fee" would be donated towards the Uttarakhand relief fund as has been the practice with several of Modi`s previous public meetings.
The Gujarat chief minister embarked on a whirlwind of nationwide tour after his nomination as the prime ministerial candidate of the BJP.
"We are expecting a crowd of at least 1.5 lakh for the rally," said Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, who is also known to be a close supporter of Modi.
A BJP official said the process of printing and sale of tickets would begin in January.
The BJP put an entry fee to attend a Modi rally for the first time at a public meeting in Hyderabad some months back, which saw an attendance of over one lakh people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok