Peaceful voting for 48 Zilla Panchayats in Goa
Panaji: Goa witnessed incident-free polling
for its 48 Zilla Panchayats on Sunday with 57 per cent voters
exercising their right to franchise.
State Election Commissioner P M Borkar told reporters
this evening that the polling was peaceful except for couple
of stray incidents of attempt of bogus voting, which was
thwarted by the authorities.
Of the 50 ZP constituencies, 48 are going for polls.
There was no voting in Benaulim constituency as former ZP
Chairman Nelly Rodrigues was elected unopposed and election
was called at Navelim constituency when a sitting candidate
died in an accident, in the run up for the polls.
As per the State Election commission, Fatorpa in South
Goa recorded highest 70.83 per cent voting while Davorlim
constituency in the same district witnessed 40.77 per cent,
which is considered as the lowest for these polls.
Borkar said in all 7.25 lakh voters from state`s rural
areas were eligible to cast their votes.
The counting is scheduled for March 9 in respective
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!