Petrol, diesel rates to go up in Goa from next month
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday announced that petrol and diesel rates would be hiked by Rs 2 and Re 1, respectively from August 1 in the state.
"We had reduced the petrol prices by Rs 11 when State government was sworn in. But now it is time to increase them," he said in the legislative assembly here.
The hike will bring additional revenue of Rs 7 crore a month. "We will divert this money into infrastructure development fund and use it for creating infrastructure," he said. "A total Rs 84 crore would be added to the fund annually through this hike."
The Chief Minister was speaking during a discussion on the budget.
Parrikar also announced that he would quit the office if garbage was not cleared from the roads in the state by December 19, 2015. "Give me time till December 19, 2015, and after that if you find any garbage on the roadside, I will quit the office," he said, announcing construction of three garbage treatment plants in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead