Petrol, diesel rates to go up in Goa from next month
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday announced that petrol and diesel rates would be hiked by Rs 2 and Re 1, respectively from August 1 in the state.
"We had reduced the petrol prices by Rs 11 when State government was sworn in. But now it is time to increase them," he said in the legislative assembly here.
The hike will bring additional revenue of Rs 7 crore a month. "We will divert this money into infrastructure development fund and use it for creating infrastructure," he said. "A total Rs 84 crore would be added to the fund annually through this hike."
The Chief Minister was speaking during a discussion on the budget.
Parrikar also announced that he would quit the office if garbage was not cleared from the roads in the state by December 19, 2015. "Give me time till December 19, 2015, and after that if you find any garbage on the roadside, I will quit the office," he said, announcing construction of three garbage treatment plants in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Congress targets Amitabh Bachchan over Modi govt's 2nd anniversary event, says 'wrong message being sent'
- WTO sees Brexit costing UK billions in trade tariffs: FT
- India business confidence dips to 5 month low in May
- 'Sultan's sherni Anushka Sharma heads to Patiala for 'Phillauri' shoot! – View pic
- Good rains to damp agricultural inflation, support Aug 9 RBI rate cut: BofA