Playboy club coming soon to Goa’s Candolim beach?
Panaji: Goa Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar told the state legislative assembly today that the government is considering Playboy`s proposal to set up a club at Candolim beach, responding to a question by BJP legislator Michael Lobo on the floor of the House.
Lobo had asked whether permission has been granted to Playboy to operate a shack at Candolim beach, while Parulekar replied that the proposal is under consideration.
However, the tourism minister said that the government will not encourage tourism trade which promotes "vulgarity".
The minister`s statement contradicts the announcement made by Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, who had publicly assured that Playboy would not be allowed in the state as it might promote "vulgarity".
The Indian franchisee of the US-based group had announced its plans in November last year to set up a club in Goa.
Playboy`s property at Candolim beach has been planned as the first among 100 odd properties the group intends to open in India during the next ten years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi