Playboy club coming soon to Goa’s Candolim beach?
Panaji: Goa Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar told the state legislative assembly today that the government is considering Playboy`s proposal to set up a club at Candolim beach, responding to a question by BJP legislator Michael Lobo on the floor of the House.
Lobo had asked whether permission has been granted to Playboy to operate a shack at Candolim beach, while Parulekar replied that the proposal is under consideration.
However, the tourism minister said that the government will not encourage tourism trade which promotes "vulgarity".
The minister`s statement contradicts the announcement made by Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, who had publicly assured that Playboy would not be allowed in the state as it might promote "vulgarity".
The Indian franchisee of the US-based group had announced its plans in November last year to set up a club in Goa.
Playboy`s property at Candolim beach has been planned as the first among 100 odd properties the group intends to open in India during the next ten years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional