Playboy club coming soon to Goa’s Candolim beach?
Panaji: Goa Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar told the state legislative assembly today that the government is considering Playboy`s proposal to set up a club at Candolim beach, responding to a question by BJP legislator Michael Lobo on the floor of the House.
Lobo had asked whether permission has been granted to Playboy to operate a shack at Candolim beach, while Parulekar replied that the proposal is under consideration.
However, the tourism minister said that the government will not encourage tourism trade which promotes "vulgarity".
The minister`s statement contradicts the announcement made by Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, who had publicly assured that Playboy would not be allowed in the state as it might promote "vulgarity".
The Indian franchisee of the US-based group had announced its plans in November last year to set up a club in Goa.
Playboy`s property at Candolim beach has been planned as the first among 100 odd properties the group intends to open in India during the next ten years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested