Playboy club coming soon to Goa’s Candolim beach?
Panaji: Goa Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar told the state legislative assembly today that the government is considering Playboy`s proposal to set up a club at Candolim beach, responding to a question by BJP legislator Michael Lobo on the floor of the House.
Lobo had asked whether permission has been granted to Playboy to operate a shack at Candolim beach, while Parulekar replied that the proposal is under consideration.
However, the tourism minister said that the government will not encourage tourism trade which promotes "vulgarity".
The minister`s statement contradicts the announcement made by Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, who had publicly assured that Playboy would not be allowed in the state as it might promote "vulgarity".
The Indian franchisee of the US-based group had announced its plans in November last year to set up a club in Goa.
Playboy`s property at Candolim beach has been planned as the first among 100 odd properties the group intends to open in India during the next ten years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray