PM candidature issue not on national executive`s agenda: BJP
Panaji: BJP`s national executive meeting, to take place in Goa in June, would discuss the strategy for the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls, but steer clear of the issue of Prime Ministerial candidate, a senior leader said.
BJP`s National General Secretary JP Nadda said that the national executive, scheduled from June 7 to June 9, will work out poll strategies.
Responding to a question, he said the decision on the Prime Ministerial candidate would be taken by the parliamentary board and not by the national executive.
"Parliamentary board will take the decision at the right time," he added. "The party is seized of the matter but national executive will not decide it."
He also said that the rout in Karnataka Assembly polls would be on the national executive`s agenda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan