PM, Chidambaram should accept moral responsibility: Munde
Panaji: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Friday said here that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Home
Minister P Chidambaram should accept the moral responsibility
for appointment of PJ Thomas as Central Vigilance
Commissioner, which has been set aside by the Supreme Court.
"The Union Government has been put to shame by the
Supreme Court verdict....Prime Minister and Home minister
should admit to responsibility for appointing Thomas as CVC
despite the opposition of Sushma Swaraj," said Munde, BJP’s
deputy leader in the Lok Sabha.
Munde is here to address a party convention, during which
a book published by state BJP, `Tainted Government`, on
alleged misdeeds of the Congress-led government in Goa, was
Talking to reporters, Munde said that selection of CVC
should be unanimous, and not by majority, as happened in
"Selection committee has a representative of the
Opposition. Consent of that representative must be made
mandatory," he said.
Munde also said that in Hasan Ali case too the government
had been exposed. "Supreme Court has passed a strict order
against the government asking it to investigate the source of
his wealth," Munde said.
As to the black money, Munde said, "While we are pressing
to bring back the black money, the union government has told
the Supreme Court that it a has list of the people having
black money and it does not want to make it public."
Munde said the year 2010 was the "year of scams" as
it witnessed Commonwealth Games scam, 2G spectrum scam, Adarsh
Society scam, etc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad