PM Modi to unveil plaque of bridge on Goa`s Mandovi river
Panaji: Prime Minister Narendra Modi would unveil a plaque for foundation of the third bridge across Mandovi river near Panaji on June 14.
It will be the first flyover bypassing the main chunk of traffic entering the capital city. The Rs 470-crore project is likely to be completed in next 20 months and it would be the third bridge across river Mandovi, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told reporters here today.
The plaque would be unveiled by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Kala Academy in Panaji, Parrikar said. The state government has received almost all approvals for the project and financial tenders would be opened today evening, he said adding that the 2-km long bridge would cover 600 metres of Mandovi river basin.
The Prime Minister would be given presentation of the project after he unveils the plaque, he said. The bridge would be 15 metres above the existing twin ones on Mandovi river and it would be illuminated with the LED lights in the night, he said.
State-run Goa State Infrastructure Development Corporation would be the nodal agency to execute this project and the construction will begin after the monsoons.
"Soon after the plaque is unveiled, the soil testing process of the project will begin," Parrikar said. During his Goa visit, Modi will be opening a shore based test facility at Vasco before his arrival in Panaji.
He will also address BJP workers at Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee stadium, Taleigao and later address a gathering of invited people at a five-star hotel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!