Police assure NCP of probe into cop`s suicide
Panaji: A Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) legislator`s complaint, accusing three Crime Branch officers of abetting the suicide of a constable, will be examined, the Goa Police Thursday said.
Confirming Benaulim legislator Mickky Pacheco`s complaint, Director General of police (DGP) Aditya Arya said: "We are looking into the complaint. The Goa Police have lost one of our family and we are going to get to the bottom of the matter."
Police driver Chandru Gawas consumed rat poison while on duty last week and succumbed to internal injuries Monday.
In his dying declaration to special judicial magistrate Maria Mascarenhas, constable Gawas said Deputy Superintendent of Police Chandrakant Salgaonkar and inspectors Sunita Sawant and Pravin Vast were harassing him at work, which was why he was forced to commit suicide.
"All the three police officers should be arrested immediately because they are trying to destroy evidence, which is leading to them," Pacheco said, after meeting the DGP Thursday.
Speaking to reporters later, Arya said he has summoned the accused and the top brass at the Crime Branch.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know