Police books Goa tourism minister for land grab
Panaji: The Goa Police Friday booked Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar for land grab.
The registration of the First Information Report (FIR) under sections 420, 119, 120 and 120 B of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) comes within 24 hours of a directive given by a trial court Thursday.
The order by Judicial Magistrate (First Class) Reina Fernandes followed a petition by lawyer-activist Aires Rodrigues, who has claimed that Parulekar, a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator from the Saligao assembly constituency, had illegally encroached on 599-square metres of prime land adjoining National Highway 17.
The order also asks the police to book panchayat secretary Peter Martin for making false documents with which Parulekar tried to cover up the act.
Rodrigues had earlier filed the complaint at the Porvorim police station, where police had refused to register the offence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room