Police-drug mafia link: Model says ready to give statement
Panaji: Contrary to Goa Police`s claim,
Swedish model Lucky Farmhouse on Friday said she is in Mumbai and
can come to the state "as early as tomorrow" to give her
statement in the police-drug mafia link case in which her
Israeli drug dealer-boyfriend has been arrested.
In an e-mail interview to agency, Farmhouse said she had
told police she was very much in Mumbai.
"I have told them that my next planned trip to Goa is
in August, but I can come earlier if they want that. If it`s
very urgent I can come tomorrow."
The model, who played a key role in exposing the nexus
through a spy cam, said she was awaiting police to ask her me
to come here for questioning. "I’m sure they know I`ve been in
Crime Branch, which is handling the case, has however
said the model was unwilling to come to Goa before August.
"We can go wherever she is. We want her statement
before August," Deputy Superintendent of Police (Crime Branch)
Chandrakant Salgoankar has said.
When contacted, Salgoankar today maintained that
"Crime Branch has no information that the model is in Mumbai".
Stating that there was no pressure on her not to
depose, Farmhouse said she has given her address in Sweden and
telephone number to the police and assured them of her support
in the case, in which her boyfriend Atala and seven policemen
have been arrested.
Reiterating that son of a Goa politician was
hobnobbing with Atala, the 33-year-old model said the former
used to regularly come to the alleged drug peddler`s house at
"Everyone knows him," she remarked, when asked to
identify the politician`s son.
Farmhouse said that in Mumbai she was busy in
auditions for advertisements and meetings.
The nexus came to light a few months ago when she
posted videos, shot secretly, on social networking website
YouTube showing Atala bragging about his friendship with
The videos triggered a major crackdown by the State
Government, leading to the arrest of Atala and seven
policemen, including an Inspector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read