Police fails to achieve breakthrough in rape case`
Panaji: Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Wednesday said the police investigating rape of a seven-year-old school girl have failed to achieve any breakthrough, although there are enough leads.
"We have got leads but not a breakthrough," Parrikar told reporters after a cabinet meeting here.
The chief minister said the police is probing various angles in the case, which was reported on January 14.
The seven-year-old school girl was allegedly raped in a toilet next to the headmistress` cabin.
"There are 15 officers who are working to crack the case,"he said. The crime branch has formed a 15-member special investigation team.
The school headmistress was arrested by the police for negligence, but the court released her on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?