Private Goa bus operators miffed over lack of security
Panaji: Private bus operators in Goa on Monday accused the state government of not providing them adequate security, which is required for implementation of different rules under the Motor Vehicle Act.
All Goa Private Bus Owners Association General Secretary Sudip Tamankar told reporters that the complaints lodged by crew on private buses are taken `lightly? by police department.
"Police refuse to entertain our complaints. They take the things lightly when passengers assault our staff in the bus," Tamankar said pointing out to the complaint in Ponda town where driver of a minister was involved in bashing up the bus conductor.
"When bus conductor went to the police station, a non cognizable complaint was registered against minister’s driver. Police did not even bother to summon the driver for inquiry," Tamankar alleged.
Goa has several hundred private buses plying on various routes ferrying the passengers.
The Central Motor Vehicle Act makes it compulsory for the bus owners not to overload their vehicle with passengers and also adhere by the rules like reserved seat for women passengers.
"When bus conductor asks the violator to get up from the seat, he abuses the conductor or assaults him," he said adding that private bus operators have now passed the onus to women passengers to get their rightful seats in the buses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared