Probe in Tarun Tejpal case sets a benchmark: Manohar Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday claimed the investigation into allegations of sexual assault against journalist Tarun Tejpal was another benchmark after that in the December 16 gang-rape case in Delhi.
"This is a benchmark investigation after the (Delhi`s) Nirbhaya case," Parrikar said, reacting to the filing of the charge sheet against the founder-editor of Tehelka by the Goa crime branch.
Police had done a meticulous investigation in this case, he claimed.
Within 80 days of registration of the FIR, Goa police today filed a 2,684-page charge sheet against Tejpal, in jail since December 1, under sections 354, 354-A (sexual harassment), 341 and 342 (wrongful restraint), 376 (rape), 376(2)(f) and 376 (2)(k) (taking advantage of official position and raping a woman in custody) of IPC.
Tejpal is accused of sexually assaulting a young woman journalist, his colleague, at a hotel here on November 7 and 8 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg celebrates his wedding anniversary in a 'musical' way! - See pic
- Mann ki Baat: PM Modi calls for country to move towards 'cashless society'
- 4th round of global NCAP crash tests on Indian cars soon
- Mann Ki Baat: PM pitches for saving 'every drop' of water during Monsoon
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi praises Sonowal for performing his duty despite polls