Probe in Tarun Tejpal case sets a benchmark: Manohar Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday claimed the investigation into allegations of sexual assault against journalist Tarun Tejpal was another benchmark after that in the December 16 gang-rape case in Delhi.
"This is a benchmark investigation after the (Delhi`s) Nirbhaya case," Parrikar said, reacting to the filing of the charge sheet against the founder-editor of Tehelka by the Goa crime branch.
Police had done a meticulous investigation in this case, he claimed.
Within 80 days of registration of the FIR, Goa police today filed a 2,684-page charge sheet against Tejpal, in jail since December 1, under sections 354, 354-A (sexual harassment), 341 and 342 (wrongful restraint), 376 (rape), 376(2)(f) and 376 (2)(k) (taking advantage of official position and raping a woman in custody) of IPC.
Tejpal is accused of sexually assaulting a young woman journalist, his colleague, at a hotel here on November 7 and 8 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users