Probe on Malgonda Patil`s link with Pragya Singh: Goa IGP
Panaji: Goa police on Monday said that they were
unclear on the links of Malgonda Patil, main accused in Margao
blast, with Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur.
"The investigations are on. The accused may or may not
have links with Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur. We can`t disclose
anything at this time," Inspector General of Police K D Singh
told reporters here.
"Now it is not the time to say that there is link or no
link as the case is being investigated by National
Investigation agency (NIA)," Singh said.
He was reacting to reports in certain section of media
which claimed that Malgonda Patil, who died in the Margao
blast, had connections with Pragya Singh Thakur of Abhinav
Bharat Sanghatna, which is allegedly linked to Malegao blast.
"I did not confirm anything. I was misquoted," he said.
Singh, however, did not refuse that investigations were
probing the links between Margao and Malegao blasts, through
Goa Police`s special investigation Team (SIT) earlier had
confirmed Patil`s link with the accused in Thane and Panvel
blasts. Vikram Bhave, one of the accused in Panvel blast, was
reportedly in touch with Patil.
The investigations had also unearthed that Patil was
present in Sangli, Maharashtra, during the riots.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- From Shahid Kapoor to Tommy Singh: Check out the eye-popping transformation for 'Udta Punjab' – Watch
- Finance Ministry defends lower interest rate on EPF, cites lack of funds
- Rahul Gandhi and Buddhadeb Bhattacharya are doing ILU ILU in WB: Amit Shah
- UP Police computer operator exam 2016: Admit card available at uppbpb.gov.in - Check dates
- Won't be giving any more statements to media: Kangana Ranaut