Rahul Gandhi to visit Goa on Dec 20
Panaji: Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi would come to Goa on a day-long visit on December 20 during which he will interact with the party functionaries in the state, a senior leader said on Monday.
During his visit, Rahul is expected to hold six rounds of meetings with party functionaries, members of Legislative Assembly and workers, before addressing the national executive of National Students Union of India (NSUI), Goa Pradesh Congress Committee chief Subhash Shirodkar told reporters here.
Gandhi`s visit is expected to galvanise the party, which had faced defeat during the state Assembly elections held earlier this year, Shirodkar said.
"The Congress leaders and workers will discuss the issues faced by them in the organisation with Gandhi. It will be almost one to one discussion between Rahul and them," he said.
Discussions will also be held on the current crisis faced by the state due to closure of mining activity and its significant impact on state`s economy, he said.
The party will request Rahul to understand the intricacies in the case filed in the Supreme Court by holding consultations with the lawyers, who are representing the Centre and the state in court, Shirodkar said.
The crisis looms large in Goa`s villages due to closure of mining activity. "People seek relief from this crisis. We will urge Gandhi to intervene and discuss the matter with the lawyers," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case