Ram Sene banned in Goa at behest of mafia, alleges Muthalik
Panaji: Controversial right-wing outfit Sri Ram Sene`s chief Pramod Muthalik has alleged that the Goa government banned his organisation at the behest of drug lords and pub mafia.
"What was the reason for Sri Ram Sene to be banned in Goa? We don`t even have an organisation or even a single member here. Has there been any violence that we have indulged in?," he asked.
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar had yesterday announced on the floor of the House that the Sene had been banned from setting up a branch in the state after the police gave an adverse report about its activities.
Reacting to this, Muthalik alleged: "This has been done at the behest of Nigerian and pub mafia. Anti-nationals are allowed to come in the state but a patriot is banned."
The Sene will approach a court to get the ban lifted so that it can start activities here, he said, adding
"I am sure I will get justice."
Muthalik had recently expressed his intention to set up a base in Goa to curb `the pub culture`.
He had hit the headlines in 2009 after members of his organisation attacked boys and girls at a pub in Mangalore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India