Rape case: Final order on Fernandes` bail plea Tuesday
Panaji: Even as the police sought
custodial interrogation of politician John Fernandes, accused
in a Russian girl`s rape case, a local court today postponed
for tomorrow the order on his anticipatory bail petition.
The district and sessions judge U V Bakre heard
arguments in the anticipatory bail petition filed by John and
adjourned the case for tomorrow as the accused was not present
in the court.
John (34) is booked for raping a 25-year-old Russian
girl by spiking her drink at Colva beach on the night of
The Crime Branch pleading for custodial interrogation
stated that material evidence required in the case is yet to
be recovered from the accused`s car, in which the girl was
John is a high-profile politician from south Goa and
had unsuccessfully contested 2007 Goa Legislative Assembly
polls on a ticket of `Save Goa Front` political outfit,
floated by Public Works Department minister Churchill Alemao.
The victim, working as a representative for a
five-star resort here, had suffered 13 bruise marks.
The girl, in her statement to the police, said that
John allegedly raped her in the car.
"Kuldeep then involved his father and others in the
plan. He became friendly with the girl during her school time.
He later won the confidence of the girl," Dhaliwal said.
On the Diwali day, he claimed, Kuldeep managed to lure
her to accompany him to purchase sweets and crackers to
celebrate the festival.
He took her to his house and when she asked him to let
her go, Kuldeep allegedly threatened her saying if she did not
obey their direction, they will eliminate her father and
brother, the senior police official said.
According to Dhaliwal, Kuldeep had fallen in the
company of bad elements and was arrested several times. He is
allegedly involved in more than five cases.
His elder brother Manoj is also allegedly involved in
a murder case. This case had led to his native village
debarring his family socially and there after they left the
village house and shifted to the Ghaziabad residence.
His younger brother is also allegedly involved in
around ten cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’