Raped Goa minor`s father wants school officials booked
Panaji: The father of a seven-year-old girl who was raped in a school toilet here last month has demanded the arrest of school officials for destroying evidence after the tragedy.
The girl`s father, in his complaint to the Goa Children`s Court, which tries crimes against minors in the state, said police failed to book school headmistress Sharlot Furtado and other employees for allegedly destroying evidence.
"The headmistress ordered that my daughter`s private parts and the toilet where she was raped be washed after the crime...she also delayed intimation to police about the incident for three hours," he said.
Last month, the minor girl was brutally raped by an unidentified person in a toilet at Deepvihar School, which is run by the Mormugao Port Trust (MPT), a central government undertaking located in Vasco, 40 km from here.
While the accused is still untraced and on the run, the head mistress was arrested by the police for negligence in not informing police immediately about the crime.
She has now been freed on bail.
Public outcry has forced the Goa government to appoint an 18-member crack team of police officials to investigate the case while the father has announced he would go on a hunger strike if the girl`s attacker is not brought to book.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents