Recovery of skeletons: Goa Cong chief to face investigations
Panaji: Goa Congress president Subhash Shirodkar will face police investigations in connection with the recovery of human skeletons from the backyard of his medical college in Shiroda village, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Monday.
"Subhash Shirodkar who runs this college where these skeletons were found should be investigated," Parrikar, who also holds Home portfolio, told members of BJP state executive here.
Nine skeletons were found in the backyard of Shree Kamaxi Homoeopathic College in Shiroda village last weekend.
"First we need to find out whether these skeletons are of men or women," the chief minister said, adding that recovery of human remains was a serious matter.
Raising the spectre of mass murders, Parrikar said, "We need to know whether this is a case similar to that of Mahanand Naik".
`Serial killer` Naik allegedly killed 18 women and is currently facing trials in various courts in the state.
Incidentally, Naik also hails from Shiroda village.
Parrikar questioned the "silence" maintained by Opposition Congress on the incident.
"If these skeletons were found anywhere in Panaji (Parrikar`s constituency), Congress would have made an issue out of it," he said.
When contacted, Shirodkar said that he was ready to face any investigation.
"I am ready for any investigation. These cadavers were brought for study purpose in the college. We have the records to show that these remains were buried in the pit after securing due certification from state pollution control board.
"Heavy rains might have washed away the mud exposing the skeletons," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Extremists in India, Pakistan think military action is only solution to Indo-Pak conflict: Sudheendra Kulkarni
- 7th Pay Commission: All you should know
- Terrorists barge into BJP leader's residence in J&K's Chadoora, snatch AK-47 rifle from his PSO
- Mysore royal wedding: Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja's wedding attire was designed by Pramoda Devi. Know more facts
- Karnataka Police records statement of nursing student