Recovery of skeletons: Goa Cong chief to face investigations
Panaji: Goa Congress president Subhash Shirodkar will face police investigations in connection with the recovery of human skeletons from the backyard of his medical college in Shiroda village, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Monday.
"Subhash Shirodkar who runs this college where these skeletons were found should be investigated," Parrikar, who also holds Home portfolio, told members of BJP state executive here.
Nine skeletons were found in the backyard of Shree Kamaxi Homoeopathic College in Shiroda village last weekend.
"First we need to find out whether these skeletons are of men or women," the chief minister said, adding that recovery of human remains was a serious matter.
Raising the spectre of mass murders, Parrikar said, "We need to know whether this is a case similar to that of Mahanand Naik".
`Serial killer` Naik allegedly killed 18 women and is currently facing trials in various courts in the state.
Incidentally, Naik also hails from Shiroda village.
Parrikar questioned the "silence" maintained by Opposition Congress on the incident.
"If these skeletons were found anywhere in Panaji (Parrikar`s constituency), Congress would have made an issue out of it," he said.
When contacted, Shirodkar said that he was ready to face any investigation.
"I am ready for any investigation. These cadavers were brought for study purpose in the college. We have the records to show that these remains were buried in the pit after securing due certification from state pollution control board.
"Heavy rains might have washed away the mud exposing the skeletons," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre