Recruitment violation: Notices to 34 employees
Panaji: Goa State Pollution Control Board (GSPCB) has issued show-cause notices to 34 employees, following a probe report revealing a faulty recruitment process. GSPCB Chairman Jose Manuel Noronha said that notices have been issued asking the employees why their services should not be terminated, as they had been employed in violation of the recruitment rules.
The employees are working as Scientific Assistants, Senior Lab Assistants and Junior Lab Assistants. GSPCB would hear them on March 9.
If violation of recruitment rules is established, these employees would lose their jobs, Noronha said.
A committee headed by retired joint secretary of personnel, Goa, D M Borkar had conducted an inquiry into the recruitment, following direction from the Bombay High Court in response to a public interest litigation filed by Sahayadri Sinari.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know