Recruitment violation: Notices to 34 employees
Panaji: Goa State Pollution Control Board (GSPCB) has issued show-cause notices to 34 employees, following a probe report revealing a faulty recruitment process. GSPCB Chairman Jose Manuel Noronha said that notices have been issued asking the employees why their services should not be terminated, as they had been employed in violation of the recruitment rules.
The employees are working as Scientific Assistants, Senior Lab Assistants and Junior Lab Assistants. GSPCB would hear them on March 9.
If violation of recruitment rules is established, these employees would lose their jobs, Noronha said.
A committee headed by retired joint secretary of personnel, Goa, D M Borkar had conducted an inquiry into the recruitment, following direction from the Bombay High Court in response to a public interest litigation filed by Sahayadri Sinari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!