Recruitment violation: Notices to 34 employees
Panaji: Goa State Pollution Control Board (GSPCB) has issued show-cause notices to 34 employees, following a probe report revealing a faulty recruitment process. GSPCB Chairman Jose Manuel Noronha said that notices have been issued asking the employees why their services should not be terminated, as they had been employed in violation of the recruitment rules.
The employees are working as Scientific Assistants, Senior Lab Assistants and Junior Lab Assistants. GSPCB would hear them on March 9.
If violation of recruitment rules is established, these employees would lose their jobs, Noronha said.
A committee headed by retired joint secretary of personnel, Goa, D M Borkar had conducted an inquiry into the recruitment, following direction from the Bombay High Court in response to a public interest litigation filed by Sahayadri Sinari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'