Recruitment violation: Notices to 34 employees
Panaji: Goa State Pollution Control Board (GSPCB) has issued show-cause notices to 34 employees, following a probe report revealing a faulty recruitment process. GSPCB Chairman Jose Manuel Noronha said that notices have been issued asking the employees why their services should not be terminated, as they had been employed in violation of the recruitment rules.
The employees are working as Scientific Assistants, Senior Lab Assistants and Junior Lab Assistants. GSPCB would hear them on March 9.
If violation of recruitment rules is established, these employees would lose their jobs, Noronha said.
A committee headed by retired joint secretary of personnel, Goa, D M Borkar had conducted an inquiry into the recruitment, following direction from the Bombay High Court in response to a public interest litigation filed by Sahayadri Sinari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players