Regional plan for all Goa constituencies by mid-2011: Congress
Panaji: Goa Congress on Friday said that the
regional plan (RP) for all the constituencies in the state
would be ready by mid-next year.
Goa Pradesh Congress Committee President Subhash
Shirodkar, hailing the decision to declare regional plan for
two talukas Canacona and Pernem, said plans in the rest of
talukas would be notified by mid-2011.
Shirodkar said the regional plan would put to rest all
the suspicion surrounding the land use pattern in the state.
Goa-based activists had protested against RP 2011 forcing
the state government to form an expert`s committee which
drafted RP 2021.
The land use plan protects all the eco sensitive areas
while suggesting the developmental pattern for this smallest
The State Congress Chief said that with the new RP, 70
per cent of the landmass in the state would be protected from
"People buying flats in Goa skyrocketing the real estate
rates would also be discouraged, as they will be taxed, if
they leave house unutilized," he said.
Shirodkar said local panchayats and police stations would
be entasked to list such dwellings.
Congress party also supported the current alignment of
national highway expansion in the state.
Out of the total 150 kilometres long stretch only 15
kilometres would be affected with the widening, Shirodkar
"The state government will rehabilitate the displaced
houses and pay them compensation as per market rates," he
The national highway expansion has been opposed by
locals, claiming that the alignment can be altered to save the
houses from being demolished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!