Road rage in Shimla: BJP leader`s son killed
Shimla: The 20-year-old son of a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader was stabbed to death by three men, one day after a road chase following an argument on overtaking, police here said on Monday.
Two youths, Rohan Bhandari and Vikram, both in their early 20s, were arrested late Sunday while police is hunting for the third person.
"Shubham Chauhan was stabbed to death by three youths last (Sunday) evening near Kanlog cemetery in the town," Superintendent of Police RM Sharma told a news agency.
Shubham was the son of BJP Shimla district president Sher Singh Chauhan.
According to police, the murder has its roots in an overtaking incident Saturday. Both the accused and the victim chased each other for few kilometres before they got down from their vehicles and had a verbal spat.
They ran into each other again Sunday. One of the accused took out a knife and stabbed Shubham.
"Police took Shubham to the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital where he was declared brought dead," Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: BJP's Rita Padole, Ravi Landge win from Amravati and Pimpri Chinchwad seats