Road rage in Shimla: BJP leader`s son killed
Shimla: The 20-year-old son of a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader was stabbed to death by three men, one day after a road chase following an argument on overtaking, police here said on Monday.
Two youths, Rohan Bhandari and Vikram, both in their early 20s, were arrested late Sunday while police is hunting for the third person.
"Shubham Chauhan was stabbed to death by three youths last (Sunday) evening near Kanlog cemetery in the town," Superintendent of Police RM Sharma told a news agency.
Shubham was the son of BJP Shimla district president Sher Singh Chauhan.
According to police, the murder has its roots in an overtaking incident Saturday. Both the accused and the victim chased each other for few kilometres before they got down from their vehicles and had a verbal spat.
They ran into each other again Sunday. One of the accused took out a knife and stabbed Shubham.
"Police took Shubham to the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital where he was declared brought dead," Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda