Road rage in Shimla: BJP leader`s son killed
Shimla: The 20-year-old son of a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader was stabbed to death by three men, one day after a road chase following an argument on overtaking, police here said on Monday.
Two youths, Rohan Bhandari and Vikram, both in their early 20s, were arrested late Sunday while police is hunting for the third person.
"Shubham Chauhan was stabbed to death by three youths last (Sunday) evening near Kanlog cemetery in the town," Superintendent of Police RM Sharma told a news agency.
Shubham was the son of BJP Shimla district president Sher Singh Chauhan.
According to police, the murder has its roots in an overtaking incident Saturday. Both the accused and the victim chased each other for few kilometres before they got down from their vehicles and had a verbal spat.
They ran into each other again Sunday. One of the accused took out a knife and stabbed Shubham.
"Police took Shubham to the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital where he was declared brought dead," Sharma said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents