Rogue government servants to get VRS soon, says Go
Panaji: The Goa government has decided to offer a voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) to government servants who submitted bogus certificates to get recruited.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told reporters that most of such recruitments happened in the health and public works department departments during the tenure of the Digambar Kamat-led government.
"There are several complaints against government servants who submitted bogus certificates during recruitment. All such complaints will be investigated," Parrikar said.
"The state cabinet which met today discussed the issue of VRS for such rogue government servants. We will offer VRS to such government servants and there will be a special package for those who had produced bogus certificates," he said.
The chief minister said that the Goa government will amend recruitment rules.
"In the future, all certificates attached during recruitment will be authenticated and if anyone is found guilty, he will be dismissed from the service and prosecuted," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred