Russian, German, Israeli mafia not operating in Go
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Tuesday claimed that Russian, German or Israeli mafia were not operating in the state.
"Russian, German or Israeli mafia are not existing in the state of Goa," Parrikar told the legislative assembly here.
He was responding to a question raised by Congress legislator Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco.
Parrikar said that "unobtrusive watch" is maintained on the activities of the foreigners staying in Goa.
"If any foreigner is found involved in any crime, legal action as per the law is taken," the chief minister added.
Concerns were raised about the presence of foreign mafia in the state, as these nationals have allegedly formed their colonies in places like Morjim in north Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Three Florida men charged with attempting to support Islamic State
- Rajnath Singh arrives in violence-hit Kashmir, holds meeting with civil society members
- Premier League 2016-17: Liverpool seal big-money deal for Georginio Wijnaldum
- PM Narendra Modi condemns Munich attack
- When Aditya Chopra told Ranveer Singh to act like himself