Russian, German, Israeli mafia not operating in Go
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Tuesday claimed that Russian, German or Israeli mafia were not operating in the state.
"Russian, German or Israeli mafia are not existing in the state of Goa," Parrikar told the legislative assembly here.
He was responding to a question raised by Congress legislator Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco.
Parrikar said that "unobtrusive watch" is maintained on the activities of the foreigners staying in Goa.
"If any foreigner is found involved in any crime, legal action as per the law is taken," the chief minister added.
Concerns were raised about the presence of foreign mafia in the state, as these nationals have allegedly formed their colonies in places like Morjim in north Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Beyonce dominates MTV Video Music Awards 2016
- Five reasons why you should take a brisk walk every single day!
- Sushma Swaraj calls on Myanmar President
- HEINOUS! Woman set on fire in Delhi for allegedly rejecting marriage proposal
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says she will not resign from Rajya Sabha