Russian girl rape case: Accused surrenders
Panaji: John Fernandes, the accused in the Russian girl rape case on Wednesday surrendered before the Goa crime branch.
According to police, the car allegedly used and clothes worn by him during the offence were also surrendered to the police.
This is for the first time that the accused has appeared before the police, police told media.
The girl was allegedly raped by John on December 1 after spiking her drinks at Colva beach.
Fernandes is a high-profile south Goa politician who had unsuccessfully contested the 2007 state Assembly polls from Benaulim constituency under Churchill Alemao`s Save Goa Front party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Goa suspends bus services to Karnataka over river dispute
- West Indies vs India: Uncapped Alzarri Joseph to join Jason Holder & Co for 2nd Test
- Assad offers amnesty to Syria rebels who surrender
- Watch: Tiger Shroff - Jacqueline Fernandez’s fairytale romance in visually captivating song ‘Toota Jo Kabhi Tara’ from ‘A Flying Jatt’
- Bihar court orders FIR against Mayawati, other BSP leaders over inflammatory speeches