Russian girl rape case: Accused surrenders
Panaji: John Fernandes, the accused in the Russian girl rape case on Wednesday surrendered before the Goa crime branch.
According to police, the car allegedly used and clothes worn by him during the offence were also surrendered to the police.
This is for the first time that the accused has appeared before the police, police told media.
The girl was allegedly raped by John on December 1 after spiking her drinks at Colva beach.
Fernandes is a high-profile south Goa politician who had unsuccessfully contested the 2007 state Assembly polls from Benaulim constituency under Churchill Alemao`s Save Goa Front party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan