Russian girl rape case: Accused surrenders
Panaji: John Fernandes, the accused in the Russian girl rape case on Wednesday surrendered before the Goa crime branch.
According to police, the car allegedly used and clothes worn by him during the offence were also surrendered to the police.
This is for the first time that the accused has appeared before the police, police told media.
The girl was allegedly raped by John on December 1 after spiking her drinks at Colva beach.
Fernandes is a high-profile south Goa politician who had unsuccessfully contested the 2007 state Assembly polls from Benaulim constituency under Churchill Alemao`s Save Goa Front party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price