Russian rape case: Goa Police conducting raids to nab accused
Panaji: Goa Police is conducting searches
to track down the accused involved in the rape of a
nine-year-old Russian girl.
"We are raiding guest houses (in and around Arambol)
to locate the person and his accomplice based on the details
provided by the the victim`s mother," Superintendent of Police
(North) Bosco George told a news agency.
The girl was raped on Arambol beach on January 26.
He said efforts are on to draw a precise sketch of the
main accused with the help of the girl`s mother. "There is a
language difficulty, and also sketches drawn earlier and the
details provided by the mother about the accused looks are not
Pernem police station, which has registered a case
under Indian Penal Code and also the Goa Children`s Act, is
working on the clues provided by the victim`s mother, another
According to the complaint, the accomplice had given
the accused person`s name as Aman, who is working for a
medical firm and staying near the beach.
The Russian family arrived in Delhi on December 23
last year and travelled to Goa on January 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- 21-year-old commits suicide over morphed Facebook images
- REVEALED: How Test captain Virat Kohli played game-changing role in Anil Kumble's appointment
- Buying your dream home in Gurgaon to become cheaper; Circle rates reduced by 15%
- Iranians pray for peace on holy night
- Goa to continue getting incessant rains till July 1: Met