Russian rape case: Goa Police conducting raids to nab accused
Panaji: Goa Police is conducting searches
to track down the accused involved in the rape of a
nine-year-old Russian girl.
"We are raiding guest houses (in and around Arambol)
to locate the person and his accomplice based on the details
provided by the the victim`s mother," Superintendent of Police
(North) Bosco George told a news agency.
The girl was raped on Arambol beach on January 26.
He said efforts are on to draw a precise sketch of the
main accused with the help of the girl`s mother. "There is a
language difficulty, and also sketches drawn earlier and the
details provided by the mother about the accused looks are not
Pernem police station, which has registered a case
under Indian Penal Code and also the Goa Children`s Act, is
working on the clues provided by the victim`s mother, another
According to the complaint, the accomplice had given
the accused person`s name as Aman, who is working for a
medical firm and staying near the beach.
The Russian family arrived in Delhi on December 23
last year and travelled to Goa on January 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach