Russian tourists in Goa to receive medical insurance cover
Panaji: Russian tourists in Goa facing
medical emergencies will not have to pay from their pocket now
as a Moscow-sponsored medical insurance firm has worked out a
mechanism to reach out to them within hours of any exigency.
The tourists will be insured with League of Defence
and Medical Services (LMD), a Russian Government-sponsored
medical insurance firm that has initiated a process of
empanelling Goa-based hospitals.
"The company will reimburse the medical bills of these
hospitals on the spot, which means the tourists need not spend
their own money in case of medical emergencies," LMD`s
representative in Goa, Vikram Varma, told agency today.
LMD`s Goa operation stems from the fact that there has
been a spurt in number of Russians visiting this tourist
paradise. "After Greece and Turkey, which attract five lakh
Russians each annually, Goa has emerged as an important
destination for them," he said.
The Tourism Department figures reveal that around
45,000 Russians visited Goa last year, while this year the
number is projected to cross the 50,000-mark. If this trend
continues, Russians are likely to soon outnumber Britons
visiting the coastal state.
Although the insurance scheme is optional, the company
officials feel an increasing number of visitors will opt for
it after Goa facility begins fully operational.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons