Salman Khurshid has undervalued properties in Goa: IAC
Panaji: The Goa unit of India Against Corruption (IAC) on Saturday demanded a probe into alleged under-valuing of properties purchased in Goa by Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid, who is already facing fire over his NGO allegedly siphoning off money meant for the physically challenged.
Demanding a probe, IAC coordinator here Valmiki Naik, an associate of Arvind Kejriwal, has also released a video on video networking site YouTube featuring Khurshid`s Goa properties in the coastal village of Calangute, one of the hottest property markets in Goa.
"The IAC Goa also demands that Mr Khurshid explain what appears to be gross under-valuing of his properties in Goa. Khurshid, in a `declaration of assets` on the PMO website in Sep 2011, had declared two apartments that he owns at Bernard Simao resorts at Gauravaddo in Calangute," Naik said in a statement issued here.
"While one apartment is 110 square metres, the other is 102 square metres, and he has claimed that they were purchased by his father-in-law in Khurshid`s wife`s name for a price of Rs 4,29,200 and Rs 3,94,400, respectively," he added.
He claimed that the properties were grossly undervalued, as compared to real estate prices prevalent in Goa.
"The IAC Goa demands that Mr Khurshid explain the paltry sums declared for properties in one of the most expensive real-estate markets of Goa," Naik said, at the same time condemning the police action on activist Arvind Kejriwal.
Earlier in New Delhi, IAC activist Arvind Kejriwal demanded the arrest of Khurshid and his dismissal from the Manmohan Singh ministry over allegations of siphoning off funds meant for providing aid to the disabled through an NGO run by him and his family. Minister`s wife Louise Khurshid has rejected the charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days