Sankaranarayanan takes oath as Goa Governor
Panaji: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan
on Thursday took oath as Governor of Goa, the additional charge he
would be holding as his Goa counterpart S S Sidhu`s term has
Bombay High Court Justice Mohit Shah administered the oath
of office to Sankaranarayanan in the presence of Chief
Minister Digambar Kamat at Raj Bhavan.
Various dignitaries, including ministers, bureaucrats and
police officers, were present for the ceremony.
The Governor was also accorded a guard of honour after he
assumed the charge.
Sidhu, whose term expired on September 6, was given a
farewell yesterday by the state government.
Sankaranarayanan, who was given the additional charge of
Goa in last month`s gubernatorial reshuffle, will carry on the
new assignment till the end of his term in January 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof