Sankaranarayanan takes oath as Goa Governor
Panaji: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan
on Thursday took oath as Governor of Goa, the additional charge he
would be holding as his Goa counterpart S S Sidhu`s term has
Bombay High Court Justice Mohit Shah administered the oath
of office to Sankaranarayanan in the presence of Chief
Minister Digambar Kamat at Raj Bhavan.
Various dignitaries, including ministers, bureaucrats and
police officers, were present for the ceremony.
The Governor was also accorded a guard of honour after he
assumed the charge.
Sidhu, whose term expired on September 6, was given a
farewell yesterday by the state government.
Sankaranarayanan, who was given the additional charge of
Goa in last month`s gubernatorial reshuffle, will carry on the
new assignment till the end of his term in January 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?