Sardinha defends decision on allotment of tickets
Panaji: The working president of Goa unit of
Congress, Francisco Sardinha on Monday said he disagreed with a
few things that the high command did while allotting tickets
but acknowledged that the decisions were taken in the interest
of the party.
"I don`t agree with everything (that the high command
did). But they have considered various factors in the interest
of the party while allotting the tickets," Sardinha told
Goa Congress is facing rebellion after few of its
prominent leaders failed to get tickets for forthcoming State
Legislative Assembly elections scheduled on March 3.
"There were several factors that were considered while
giving tickets to candidates. I can`t say which factors were
considered as I was not at the helm of affairs at that time,"
said Sardinha, who has recently taken over as a working
president of Goa Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC).
Sardinha said dissident leaders filing independent
candidature after ticket rejection is nothing new in polls.
"Some continue while some withdraw from the fray," he
said adding the party will not approach them to withdraw.
Responding to a question, Sardinha said that Trinamool
Congress party will not make much impact on the elections.
"Trinamool is Trinamool. It is in a nascent stage in the
state. People won`t waste their vote on the candidate who are
not going to win," he said.
TCP has fielded around 10 candidates in the state, most
of whom were denied ticket by the Congress. Congress is
fighting March 3 polls in alliance with NCP. While Congress is
contesting on 33 seats, 7 seats are contested by NCP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in