Scarlet case: Fiona summoned to depose before Goa court
Panaji: Fiona Mackeown, whose teenager daughter, was found dead on Goa’s shore, is summoned to testify before the local court on July 30.
CBI counsel SR Rivonkar, said that a summon is served to Fiona Mackeown, mother of British school girl Scarlet Eden Keeling.
Fiona’s lawyer Vikram Varma, however, said that he is yet to receive the summons in this case and his client is ready to depose before the court.
Scarlet’s battered corpse was found on Anjuna shore in February 2008.
Goa Police had arrested two locals for drugging, raping and leaving the teenage girl to die on the shore.
The inquiry was handed over to CBI after Fiona had expressed her distrust over Goa police probe into Scarlet’s death.
The trial has began at Goa Children’s court in this case and the court has examined 13 out of 72 witnesses.
This is for the second time that Fiona has been summoned in the court.
Earlier, on April 15, she was summoned by the court but could not make it after flights from UK were cancelled due to Icelandic volcanic ash that had disturbed entire airtraffic
Scarlet’s death had raised a questionmark over the safety of tourists in Goa after police initial tardy investigation into the case.
Police had claimed this as a death due to drowning before her mother launched a campaign seeking justice to her slain daughter.
The investigations had revealed that Scarlet was high on booze and drugs and was allegedly raped by a local bar tender before being left to die on the beach.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive