Scarlet case: Fiona summoned to depose before Goa court
Panaji: Fiona Mackeown, whose teenager daughter, was found dead on Goa’s shore, is summoned to testify before the local court on July 30.
CBI counsel SR Rivonkar, said that a summon is served to Fiona Mackeown, mother of British school girl Scarlet Eden Keeling.
Fiona’s lawyer Vikram Varma, however, said that he is yet to receive the summons in this case and his client is ready to depose before the court.
Scarlet’s battered corpse was found on Anjuna shore in February 2008.
Goa Police had arrested two locals for drugging, raping and leaving the teenage girl to die on the shore.
The inquiry was handed over to CBI after Fiona had expressed her distrust over Goa police probe into Scarlet’s death.
The trial has began at Goa Children’s court in this case and the court has examined 13 out of 72 witnesses.
This is for the second time that Fiona has been summoned in the court.
Earlier, on April 15, she was summoned by the court but could not make it after flights from UK were cancelled due to Icelandic volcanic ash that had disturbed entire airtraffic
Scarlet’s death had raised a questionmark over the safety of tourists in Goa after police initial tardy investigation into the case.
Police had claimed this as a death due to drowning before her mother launched a campaign seeking justice to her slain daughter.
The investigations had revealed that Scarlet was high on booze and drugs and was allegedly raped by a local bar tender before being left to die on the beach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, Thane; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur, Akola