Scarlett’s mother Fiona charged with benefit fraud
London: Fiona MacKeown, mother of British
teenager Scarlett Keeling who died in Goa in February last
year, has been charged with falsely claiming over 50,000
pounds of benefits from the state.
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) said MacKeown,
44, is accused of claiming 51,401 pounds of support while
failing to declare other income.
MacKeown has been asked to appear before magistrates on
The charge relates to the period from February, 2005 to
March 10 last year and includes the time when she had taken a
six-month family holiday with Scarlett to Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!