Scarlett`s mother to depose in Goa court July 30
Panaji: Fiona Mackeown, the mother of slain 15-year-old British teenager Scarlett Keeling, will depose before the Goa Children`s Court (GCC) July 30, her lawyer said on Monday.
"Fiona will arrive in India to assist the court in prosecution. She will give all the information she has," her lawyer Vikram Varma said.
Fiona had earlier been summoned to depose in Goa in April, but could not make it due to the volcanic ash phenomenon disrupting air traffic in Europe.
The GCC, a designated court to try crimes against children in Goa, had already issued summons to Fiona in connection with the trial of her daughter Scarlett, who was sexually assaulted and left to die at Anjuna beach in February 2008.
Two beach shack workers - Samson D`Souza and Placido Carvalho - have been booked in connection with the case, which was handed over to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), after Fiona alleged that Goa Police were sabotaging the probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'