Sea plane services in Goa soon
Panaji: Goa government will conduct trials of the sea plane project in river Mandovi here on June 15, State Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar said on Friday.
"The trials will be held in river Mandovi on June 15, and if they are successful, the seaplane would fly in Goa from July month onwards," Parulekar told.
He said the state government has not invested anything in the project.
Mumbai-based Martime Energy Heli Air Services Pvt Ltd (Mehair) would be running these services in the state.
The planes would be based at Dabolim airport, which is a part of Indian Navy`s INS Hansa base.
The minister said the tourists opting for the services can fly directly from the airport to the hotel.
"You can reach in seven minutes to Panaji. Those who don`t want to get caught in the traffic will opt for seaplane," he said.
The state government has designated places like Miramar, Dona Paula, Coco Beach and Chapora, all in North Goa, for landing of the plane.
Parulekar said the company will initially have eight-seater plane, followed by 16 and 20 seaters, considering the viability of the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Xiaomi Mi 5, Redmi Note 3 open sale today; no need for registration
- United Arab Emirates may build a mountain to increase rainfall!
- Premier League: Leicester City's triumph is the reason why we all love football, says Lionel Messi
- Who Humpty? It’s time for ‘Badrinath’ Varun Dhawan to hunt for his ‘Dulhania’ Alia Bhatt
- Pakistan has one month's time to grab US F-16 deal