Second autopsy ordered in death of Goa woman
Panaji: The district administration on Tuesday
ordered a second autopsy on the body of 28-year-old Nadia
Torreado, who allegedly committed suicide by consuming rat
"The second autopsy has been ordered and it will be
conducted in a district hospital in Margao today," a senior
district administration official said.
The first autopsy was conducted at a hospital in Chennai
on Sunday before shifting the body to Goa.
Nadia was admitted to a private hospital in Thane, Mumbai
a fortnight ago after she had allegedly consumed a paste full
of rat poison. She was transferred to Chennai after her liver
The woman, hailing from Loutolim village, 40 kms away
from here, died on Sunday.
Superintendent of Police (South) Allan D`Sa told agency that
since Nadia has died, the case of attempt to suicide filed
against her does not stand.
"Now we will investigate into the causes which led to her
decision to take extreme step. We will investigate all the
aspects," he said.
Women activists had demand that the matter be
Main opposition BJP has demanded an "impartial inquiry
into the case".
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!
- Rs 100 crore mark still too far for Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'?
- Forest fires rage in Uttarakhand; three NDRF teams deployed
- Raids at Andhra Pradesh transport official's premises reveal assets worth Rs 800 crores
- VIDEO: Have you ever seen this side of Rohit Sharma's personality? We bet not!