Second autopsy ordered in death of Goa woman
Panaji: The district administration on Tuesday
ordered a second autopsy on the body of 28-year-old Nadia
Torreado, who allegedly committed suicide by consuming rat
"The second autopsy has been ordered and it will be
conducted in a district hospital in Margao today," a senior
district administration official said.
The first autopsy was conducted at a hospital in Chennai
on Sunday before shifting the body to Goa.
Nadia was admitted to a private hospital in Thane, Mumbai
a fortnight ago after she had allegedly consumed a paste full
of rat poison. She was transferred to Chennai after her liver
The woman, hailing from Loutolim village, 40 kms away
from here, died on Sunday.
Superintendent of Police (South) Allan D`Sa told agency that
since Nadia has died, the case of attempt to suicide filed
against her does not stand.
"Now we will investigate into the causes which led to her
decision to take extreme step. We will investigate all the
aspects," he said.
Women activists had demand that the matter be
Main opposition BJP has demanded an "impartial inquiry
into the case".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding