Second autopsy ordered in death of Goa woman
Panaji: The district administration on Tuesday
ordered a second autopsy on the body of 28-year-old Nadia
Torreado, who allegedly committed suicide by consuming rat
"The second autopsy has been ordered and it will be
conducted in a district hospital in Margao today," a senior
district administration official said.
The first autopsy was conducted at a hospital in Chennai
on Sunday before shifting the body to Goa.
Nadia was admitted to a private hospital in Thane, Mumbai
a fortnight ago after she had allegedly consumed a paste full
of rat poison. She was transferred to Chennai after her liver
The woman, hailing from Loutolim village, 40 kms away
from here, died on Sunday.
Superintendent of Police (South) Allan D`Sa told agency that
since Nadia has died, the case of attempt to suicide filed
against her does not stand.
"Now we will investigate into the causes which led to her
decision to take extreme step. We will investigate all the
aspects," he said.
Women activists had demand that the matter be
Main opposition BJP has demanded an "impartial inquiry
into the case".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview