Second autopsy ordered in death of Goa woman
Panaji: The district administration on Tuesday
ordered a second autopsy on the body of 28-year-old Nadia
Torreado, who allegedly committed suicide by consuming rat
"The second autopsy has been ordered and it will be
conducted in a district hospital in Margao today," a senior
district administration official said.
The first autopsy was conducted at a hospital in Chennai
on Sunday before shifting the body to Goa.
Nadia was admitted to a private hospital in Thane, Mumbai
a fortnight ago after she had allegedly consumed a paste full
of rat poison. She was transferred to Chennai after her liver
The woman, hailing from Loutolim village, 40 kms away
from here, died on Sunday.
Superintendent of Police (South) Allan D`Sa told agency that
since Nadia has died, the case of attempt to suicide filed
against her does not stand.
"Now we will investigate into the causes which led to her
decision to take extreme step. We will investigate all the
aspects," he said.
Women activists had demand that the matter be
Main opposition BJP has demanded an "impartial inquiry
into the case".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened