Send Uzbek flesh trade victim back to her country: HC to govt
Panaji: The Goa Bench of Bombay High Court has asked the state authorities to repatriate a 25-year-old woman from Uzbekistan, who was rescued during a police crackdown on flesh trade in state`s Calangute beach belt last year.
The court in its order issued last week has asked the state government to send her back.
The Uzbek woman was rescued by Calangute police when they busted a flesh trade racket that was allegedly being run in the coastal belt. The victim was later sent to a protection home near here.
She later moved to the court through her friend claiming that she should be sent back to her country saying that she was suffering from several health problems due to consumption of food available here.
The victim`s maternal aunt had also flown down to Goa to take back her. But they are allowed to stay in a hotel, till the process to repatriate her gets over.
ARZ, an NGO working for the rehabilitation of women trafficked for flesh trade, has been asked to ensure safety of the Uzbek woman by taking assistance from the state police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL