Services resume on Konkan Rly route post train derailment
Panaji: Traffic on Konkan Railway route resumed today after the derailed wagons of a goods train were removed and the track was certified fit for use.
The movements of trains in the Konkan region had come to a grinding halt since yesterday morning, after the goods train derailed in a tunnel near Ukashi station, about 19 kms away from Ratnagiri in Maharashtra.
"The track was okayed for traffic at 7.30 AM, after it was certified to be fit," Konkan Railway Corporation Limited`s Public Relation Manager Baban Ghatge told PTI today.
All the trains are running on time now, he said.
The work to restore the track had begun immediately after the derailment happened at 8.15 AM yesterday.
Officials claimed that the task to pull out the bogies, which were empty, from the tunnel was difficult. The first bogie was moved out in the afternoon, they said.
Three long distance trains were cancelled and nearly ten were diverted through different routes after the mishap yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord