Seven-year-old raped in Goa school
Panaji: A seven-year-old girl was raped at her school in the port town of Vasco, resulting in huge protests here Monday night.
Police have detained the headmistress of the school on charges of negligence.
The second grade student was sexually abused in the school toilet next to the office of the headmistress during recess yesterday, by an unidentified person, police said on Tuesday.
The incident came to light after the minor complained of pain and was referred for medical examination.
Several parents and locals protested outside the school last night questioning the negligence on the part of the school management. As the situation turned tense, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar visited the spot late last night assuring stern action against the accused.
"We will not spare the accused and anyone involved in this crime," Parrikar said, following which police detained the headmistress.
Police said the culprit is yet to be arrested. A sketch has been prepared based on the description provided by the victim, they said.
Incidentally, the school has been one of the well-guarded institutes with Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel posted at the gate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what