Sex racket busted in Calangute; five held
Panaji: Five persons were arrested and four girls rescued from a massage parlour where a prostitution racket was allegedly being run in Calangute beach village here, police said today.
A raid was conducted last night at the parlour where four girls were rescued, including three from Manipur and one hailing from West Bengal, police said.
Calangute police arrested five persons, including the owner of the massage parlour, for allegedly running a prostitution racket from the premises.
The parlour was run by a Mumbai-based person, who had employed the girls, police said.
This is the second such raid on massage parlours in Goa, in the last one week.
Ten girls from Thailand were rescued last weekend from two massage parlours in Panaji.
The girls were allegedly trafficked from Thailand and forced to work as commercial sex workers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred