Sex racket busted in Calangute; five held
Panaji: Five persons were arrested and four girls rescued from a massage parlour where a prostitution racket was allegedly being run in Calangute beach village here, police said today.
A raid was conducted last night at the parlour where four girls were rescued, including three from Manipur and one hailing from West Bengal, police said.
Calangute police arrested five persons, including the owner of the massage parlour, for allegedly running a prostitution racket from the premises.
The parlour was run by a Mumbai-based person, who had employed the girls, police said.
This is the second such raid on massage parlours in Goa, in the last one week.
Ten girls from Thailand were rescued last weekend from two massage parlours in Panaji.
The girls were allegedly trafficked from Thailand and forced to work as commercial sex workers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America