Sex racket busted in Calangute; five held
Panaji: Five persons were arrested and four girls rescued from a massage parlour where a prostitution racket was allegedly being run in Calangute beach village here, police said today.
A raid was conducted last night at the parlour where four girls were rescued, including three from Manipur and one hailing from West Bengal, police said.
Calangute police arrested five persons, including the owner of the massage parlour, for allegedly running a prostitution racket from the premises.
The parlour was run by a Mumbai-based person, who had employed the girls, police said.
This is the second such raid on massage parlours in Goa, in the last one week.
Ten girls from Thailand were rescued last weekend from two massage parlours in Panaji.
The girls were allegedly trafficked from Thailand and forced to work as commercial sex workers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family