Sex racket busted in Calangute; five held
Panaji: Five persons were arrested and four girls rescued from a massage parlour where a prostitution racket was allegedly being run in Calangute beach village here, police said today.
A raid was conducted last night at the parlour where four girls were rescued, including three from Manipur and one hailing from West Bengal, police said.
Calangute police arrested five persons, including the owner of the massage parlour, for allegedly running a prostitution racket from the premises.
The parlour was run by a Mumbai-based person, who had employed the girls, police said.
This is the second such raid on massage parlours in Goa, in the last one week.
Ten girls from Thailand were rescued last weekend from two massage parlours in Panaji.
The girls were allegedly trafficked from Thailand and forced to work as commercial sex workers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion