Slain Goa fisherwoman may be victim of necrophilia: CM
Panaji: The case of the rape and murder of a 50-year-old fisherwoman in Goa could prima facie be one of necrophilia, where murder was committed first followed by sexual intercourse, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said Tuesday.
Parrikar was speaking to reporters at his official residence here after the Canacona sub-district, located about 80 km from Panaji, saw three days of protests with the protesters demanding that the murderers of Vijaya Pagi be arrested immediately.
"I am only saying this prima facie. Please do not take this as evidence but it appears that the murder was committed first and was followed by rape. I am feeling pained to even say this," Parrikar said.
Pagi` body was found behind some thickets in Mastimoll area of Canacona. She was a travelling fisherwoman and was last seen with a basket of fish walking towards the deserted area.
Police suspect she was killed with a sharp weapon and said that the gold ornaments she was wearing were not stolen.
"This is a murder by an unknown person. We have some leads, but police have to be allowed to investigate the case. The repeated protests are derailing the investigation," Parrikar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing