Some basic flaws in Jan Lokpal: Advani
Panaji: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) supports the name of the Jan Lokpal Bill but it has some basic flaws, party leader L.K. Advani said Wednesday.
"We have four-five basic flaws (in Jan Lokpal bill) which we have told them (civil society) about. They agree. We have no problem with the word Jan Lokpal," Advani said, without explaining the "basic flaws".
He was speaking to reporters in Panaji on the 22nd day of his anti-corruption Jan Chetna yatra.
Advani insisted that the prime minister should come under the ambit of the proposed law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday