Some basic flaws in Jan Lokpal: Advani
Panaji: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) supports the name of the Jan Lokpal Bill but it has some basic flaws, party leader L.K. Advani said Wednesday.
"We have four-five basic flaws (in Jan Lokpal bill) which we have told them (civil society) about. They agree. We have no problem with the word Jan Lokpal," Advani said, without explaining the "basic flaws".
He was speaking to reporters in Panaji on the 22nd day of his anti-corruption Jan Chetna yatra.
Advani insisted that the prime minister should come under the ambit of the proposed law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation