Son took official vehicle without my knowledge: Goa IGP
Panaji: Facing allegations of misuse of
official vehicle, Goa IGP K D Singh has informed the police
department that his son took the vehicle without his
Singh`s son Siddharth, who was travelling with a state
minister`s son, had rammed the car against an electricity pole
during wee hours of December 5 on Panaji-Vasco highway.
State Home Minister Ravi Naik yesterday stated in the
assembly that Singh had written to the department that he was
on leave when the incident happened.
"When this incident happened, IGP was on leave and no
administrative enquiry could be conducted to obtain his
version. When he joined back, he has submitted an intimation
to the department," Naik said.
"My son took the vehicle without my knowledge and the
driver and subsequently met with an accident," Naik quoted the
intimation submitted by IGP.
Naik said through the intimation, the IGP has voluntarily
accepted the fact that his son had taken out the vehicle
without his permission.
Singh has also written a petition to the state home
"Both his intimation and petition are being processed and
will be sent to the government in due course for appropriate
action at their end," Naik said.
The issue of IGP`s son misusing his father`s official car
had prominently came for discussion in assembly with the
Opposition questioning the government over the affairs in Home
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up