Sophisticated drug racket making police job tough in Goa: CM
Panaji: Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Tuesday said that narcotic drug menace in Goa could not be checked due to the sophisticated nature of the racket.
"About narcotic drugs, I am really worried. The sheer sophistication of the racket ensures that the police is unable to nab the culprits," Parrikar told the State Legislative Assembly.
He claimed that foreign nationals were involved in the narcotics trade.
"Narcotics drugs is one issue which worries me," Parrikar said during a discussion about demands for grants for the police, fire and emergency services.
The chief minister stated that the police department has begun paying handsome amounts to informants tipping off the police about the narcotics trade.
He also appealed to members of the Assembly to provide information about any narcotics activity in the state. "Once I get the information, I will crack down on them," Parrikar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days