Sophisticated drug racket making police job tough in Goa: CM
Panaji: Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Tuesday said that narcotic drug menace in Goa could not be checked due to the sophisticated nature of the racket.
"About narcotic drugs, I am really worried. The sheer sophistication of the racket ensures that the police is unable to nab the culprits," Parrikar told the State Legislative Assembly.
He claimed that foreign nationals were involved in the narcotics trade.
"Narcotics drugs is one issue which worries me," Parrikar said during a discussion about demands for grants for the police, fire and emergency services.
The chief minister stated that the police department has begun paying handsome amounts to informants tipping off the police about the narcotics trade.
He also appealed to members of the Assembly to provide information about any narcotics activity in the state. "Once I get the information, I will crack down on them," Parrikar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fishermen killing case: Accused Italian marine Salvatore Girone returns home from India
- Pakistan may seek India's help in curbing terror: Rajnath Singh
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis pair enters 2016 French Open mixed-doubles quarters
- Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016: BSEB 10th Result 2016, Bihar Class 10th Result 2016 to be declared today on May 29; check biharboard.bih.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi plays traditional Khasi drum in Meghalaya