Spl package for mining-halt affected people in Goa: Parrikar
Panaji: Goa government`s supplementary demand for grants during the forthcoming Assembly session will include a special financial package for the people affected with mining closure, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said.
The Session is scheduled to begin on January 28.
It will take at least one month for the actual package to be distributed to the people, Parrikar told reporters here yesterday.
The state government has already begun discussions with various banks to restructure the loans sanctioned to purchase trucks, barges (ships) and mining equipment.
In the past, Parrikar had assured to implement developmental works worth Rs 100-150 crore in the mining belt, the benefit of which will go to the people affected with mining closure.
The iron ore transportation and extraction in the state had been halted by the Supreme Court pending report from Centrally Empowered Committee.
The apex court had taken cognisance of the illegal mining activity which was pointed out in the Justice MB Shah Commission report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- LG launches ultralight 14-inch 'Gram PC' laptop in India
- Prince's 'Purple Rain' jacket set for auction
- Premier League: If appointed manager, will Jose Mourinho rope in Zlatan Ibrahimovic?
- Adah Sharma gears up for action-packed 'Commando 2' – View pics
- IPL 2016, Eliminator: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Kolkata Knight Riders — As it happened...