Spl package for mining-halt affected people in Goa: Parrikar
Panaji: Goa government`s supplementary demand for grants during the forthcoming Assembly session will include a special financial package for the people affected with mining closure, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said.
The Session is scheduled to begin on January 28.
It will take at least one month for the actual package to be distributed to the people, Parrikar told reporters here yesterday.
The state government has already begun discussions with various banks to restructure the loans sanctioned to purchase trucks, barges (ships) and mining equipment.
In the past, Parrikar had assured to implement developmental works worth Rs 100-150 crore in the mining belt, the benefit of which will go to the people affected with mining closure.
The iron ore transportation and extraction in the state had been halted by the Supreme Court pending report from Centrally Empowered Committee.
The apex court had taken cognisance of the illegal mining activity which was pointed out in the Justice MB Shah Commission report.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill