Spl package for mining-halt affected people in Goa: Parrikar
Panaji: Goa government`s supplementary demand for grants during the forthcoming Assembly session will include a special financial package for the people affected with mining closure, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said.
The Session is scheduled to begin on January 28.
It will take at least one month for the actual package to be distributed to the people, Parrikar told reporters here yesterday.
The state government has already begun discussions with various banks to restructure the loans sanctioned to purchase trucks, barges (ships) and mining equipment.
In the past, Parrikar had assured to implement developmental works worth Rs 100-150 crore in the mining belt, the benefit of which will go to the people affected with mining closure.
The iron ore transportation and extraction in the state had been halted by the Supreme Court pending report from Centrally Empowered Committee.
The apex court had taken cognisance of the illegal mining activity which was pointed out in the Justice MB Shah Commission report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today