Spl team to decide syllabus for differently-abled
Panaji: Goa government Thursday assured the Assembly that it will form a special team to evaluate performance and decide syllabus for the schools catering to the differently-abled in the state.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told the state Legislative
Assembly today that a separate team of people, who have interest in the field, would be formed to evaluate the performance of the schools teaching differently-abled people and also decide the syllabus.
"Those who are currently teaching these children are not formally trained, but are trained with experience," he said.
The issue about the performance evaluation of the institutes imparting education to differently-abled people was raised on the floor of the House today by Independent MLA Rohan Khaunte, who demanded that special attention should be given to their education.
Parrikar said that the entire issue related to education of differently-abled will be kept away from the purview of education department as "those handling the issue need heart for it, not just brains."
"Let the education department provide facilities like grants and other financial assistance," he added.
There are enough people who have the interest in the field who, along with the parents, can be appointed on the special team, he said.
In a written reply tabled on the floor of the House, the chief minister said that there are 34 resource rooms in the state, which cater to the differently-abled persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step