Spl team to decide syllabus for differently-abled
Panaji: Goa government Thursday assured the Assembly that it will form a special team to evaluate performance and decide syllabus for the schools catering to the differently-abled in the state.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told the state Legislative
Assembly today that a separate team of people, who have interest in the field, would be formed to evaluate the performance of the schools teaching differently-abled people and also decide the syllabus.
"Those who are currently teaching these children are not formally trained, but are trained with experience," he said.
The issue about the performance evaluation of the institutes imparting education to differently-abled people was raised on the floor of the House today by Independent MLA Rohan Khaunte, who demanded that special attention should be given to their education.
Parrikar said that the entire issue related to education of differently-abled will be kept away from the purview of education department as "those handling the issue need heart for it, not just brains."
"Let the education department provide facilities like grants and other financial assistance," he added.
There are enough people who have the interest in the field who, along with the parents, can be appointed on the special team, he said.
In a written reply tabled on the floor of the House, the chief minister said that there are 34 resource rooms in the state, which cater to the differently-abled persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations