SRK security row: Naidu slams Pakistan
Panaji: Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik`s statement demanding security to Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan is an attempt by that country to hide its failures, senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu Wednesday said.
"What Pakistan has to do with Shahrukh Khan? Pakistan should think about its own. They are trying to hide their failures and misdeeds like the one on the Line of Control," he told reporters in Goa.
Naidu said the controversy over Shahrukh Khan`s statement is a "trap" by Pakistan which they continue laying.
Pakistan`s Interior Minister had made the controversial remarks while interacting with reporters at a reception organised by High Commissioner Sharat Sabharwal to mark India`s Republic Day.
He was responding to questions about a first-person account penned by SRK in a magazine, in which the star focused on his experiences as a Muslim in the post-9/11 world.
In response, the 47-year-old actor yesterday said that it was sad that an article written by him took an "unwarranted twist" and he was forced to reiterate his patriotism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'