SRK security row: Naidu slams Pakistan
Panaji: Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik`s statement demanding security to Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan is an attempt by that country to hide its failures, senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu Wednesday said.
"What Pakistan has to do with Shahrukh Khan? Pakistan should think about its own. They are trying to hide their failures and misdeeds like the one on the Line of Control," he told reporters in Goa.
Naidu said the controversy over Shahrukh Khan`s statement is a "trap" by Pakistan which they continue laying.
Pakistan`s Interior Minister had made the controversial remarks while interacting with reporters at a reception organised by High Commissioner Sharat Sabharwal to mark India`s Republic Day.
He was responding to questions about a first-person account penned by SRK in a magazine, in which the star focused on his experiences as a Muslim in the post-9/11 world.
In response, the 47-year-old actor yesterday said that it was sad that an article written by him took an "unwarranted twist" and he was forced to reiterate his patriotism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter