SRK security row: Naidu slams Pakistan
Panaji: Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik`s statement demanding security to Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan is an attempt by that country to hide its failures, senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu Wednesday said.
"What Pakistan has to do with Shahrukh Khan? Pakistan should think about its own. They are trying to hide their failures and misdeeds like the one on the Line of Control," he told reporters in Goa.
Naidu said the controversy over Shahrukh Khan`s statement is a "trap" by Pakistan which they continue laying.
Pakistan`s Interior Minister had made the controversial remarks while interacting with reporters at a reception organised by High Commissioner Sharat Sabharwal to mark India`s Republic Day.
He was responding to questions about a first-person account penned by SRK in a magazine, in which the star focused on his experiences as a Muslim in the post-9/11 world.
In response, the 47-year-old actor yesterday said that it was sad that an article written by him took an "unwarranted twist" and he was forced to reiterate his patriotism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi