SRK security row: Naidu slams Pakistan
Panaji: Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik`s statement demanding security to Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan is an attempt by that country to hide its failures, senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu Wednesday said.
"What Pakistan has to do with Shahrukh Khan? Pakistan should think about its own. They are trying to hide their failures and misdeeds like the one on the Line of Control," he told reporters in Goa.
Naidu said the controversy over Shahrukh Khan`s statement is a "trap" by Pakistan which they continue laying.
Pakistan`s Interior Minister had made the controversial remarks while interacting with reporters at a reception organised by High Commissioner Sharat Sabharwal to mark India`s Republic Day.
He was responding to questions about a first-person account penned by SRK in a magazine, in which the star focused on his experiences as a Muslim in the post-9/11 world.
In response, the 47-year-old actor yesterday said that it was sad that an article written by him took an "unwarranted twist" and he was forced to reiterate his patriotism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media