Stay away from water, Goans told
Panaji: The Goa government today asked
people in the state to stay away from the waters following the
massive earthquake in Indonesia.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told reporters that he
had ordered district administration officials to go around in
the coastal belt and ask people to exercise caution and
"The officials will go in the coastal area and announce
on the public sound system to remain away from the water," he
said, adding the tourism department has also been asked to
make aware people on the beach.
The chief minister said there was no Tsunami warning for
the state but enough precautions have been taken.
A massive earthquake of 8.5 magnitude hit waters off
Indonesia triggering tsunami fears across the Indian Ocean
nations, including India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you