Stay away from water, Goans told
Panaji: The Goa government today asked
people in the state to stay away from the waters following the
massive earthquake in Indonesia.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told reporters that he
had ordered district administration officials to go around in
the coastal belt and ask people to exercise caution and
"The officials will go in the coastal area and announce
on the public sound system to remain away from the water," he
said, adding the tourism department has also been asked to
make aware people on the beach.
The chief minister said there was no Tsunami warning for
the state but enough precautions have been taken.
A massive earthquake of 8.5 magnitude hit waters off
Indonesia triggering tsunami fears across the Indian Ocean
nations, including India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- BJP seeks FIR against Akhilesh, police officers for lathicharge
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive
- Shatrughan Sinha lauds Sonakshi's devotion to work