Stay away from water, Goans told
Panaji: The Goa government today asked
people in the state to stay away from the waters following the
massive earthquake in Indonesia.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told reporters that he
had ordered district administration officials to go around in
the coastal belt and ask people to exercise caution and
"The officials will go in the coastal area and announce
on the public sound system to remain away from the water," he
said, adding the tourism department has also been asked to
make aware people on the beach.
The chief minister said there was no Tsunami warning for
the state but enough precautions have been taken.
A massive earthquake of 8.5 magnitude hit waters off
Indonesia triggering tsunami fears across the Indian Ocean
nations, including India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'