Stay away from water, Goans told
Panaji: The Goa government today asked
people in the state to stay away from the waters following the
massive earthquake in Indonesia.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told reporters that he
had ordered district administration officials to go around in
the coastal belt and ask people to exercise caution and
"The officials will go in the coastal area and announce
on the public sound system to remain away from the water," he
said, adding the tourism department has also been asked to
make aware people on the beach.
The chief minister said there was no Tsunami warning for
the state but enough precautions have been taken.
A massive earthquake of 8.5 magnitude hit waters off
Indonesia triggering tsunami fears across the Indian Ocean
nations, including India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY