Stay away from water, Goans told
Panaji: The Goa government today asked
people in the state to stay away from the waters following the
massive earthquake in Indonesia.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told reporters that he
had ordered district administration officials to go around in
the coastal belt and ask people to exercise caution and
"The officials will go in the coastal area and announce
on the public sound system to remain away from the water," he
said, adding the tourism department has also been asked to
make aware people on the beach.
The chief minister said there was no Tsunami warning for
the state but enough precautions have been taken.
A massive earthquake of 8.5 magnitude hit waters off
Indonesia triggering tsunami fears across the Indian Ocean
nations, including India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday